Instrument & Control Engineer
Responsible for overseeing the erection & installation of control systems, field instrumentation and instrumentation (I&C) equipment and all mechanical packages/systems I&C components for projects supporting the Company’s power business. Services to be executed as Owners Engineer site staff, supporting Owner’s site personnel, and overseeing the main EPC Contractor and his works.
- Support the Sr. Construction Manager in the overseeing and contract management of the Controls & Instrumentation Works related to the erection contract for the Main Contractor; from preparation works through full installation including erection tests and through pre-commissioning stage and activities.
- Support the Owners Lead I&C Engineer with respect to technical matters and considerations for proper and correct works installation.
- Provide guidance on to Erection Contractor for its processes.
- Provide support in claim management and documentation including variation management and reporting and subcontract entitlements.
- Review procurement documentation ensuring that Contractor is fully aware of their obligations for project delivery.
- Review, as appropriate, non-compliance reports which may have an impact on the contract.
- Monitor and inspect the instrumentation and controls (I&C) erection/installation activities of the Contractor with regards to progress, compliance with the Contract and applicable codes/standards, quality, safety and environmental acceptance.
- Review and approve Contractors I&C erection/installation work method statements. Ensure that Method Statements and Risk Assessments are prepared for all relevant tasks.
- Review and approve site related I&C equipment design/engineering matters submitted by the Contractor.
- Review and approve Contractor’s site quality assurance/quality control (QA/QC) system proposed for all I&C erection/installation activities. Apply QA/QC requirements according to field quality program, I&T programs and I&T plans.
- Promotion of safety functions and procedures; participate in safety improvement incentives. Ensure safety functions are integrated into all aspects of work for all personnel.
- Review and approve the proposed I&C test procedures for materials/equipment/plant to be tested on Site by the Contractor. Witness such tests and review the related test reports.
- Monitor and verify Contractors work progress in the electrical areas for the purpose of progress payments and assist the Sr. Construction Manager in verifying the progress payment certificates with all necessary backup.
- Attend the regular (daily/weekly) Site coordination meetings with the Contractor and the monthly progress review meeting (when held on site).
- Prepare the regular Site progress reports for the I&C related parts/systems/equipment as required by the Sr. Construction Manager (daily, weekly and monthly).
- Maintain records for the I&C part of variations by either the Contractor or the Owner including the necessary evidence.
- Review and confirm the completeness and correctness of the Erection Handover Packages as prepared by the Contractor.
- Review the I&C part of the preliminary (prior to start commissioning) O&M manuals submitted by the Contractor.
- Preparation and issuance of technical and contract correspondence, compilation of requisite records and claim submissions to validate possible claims against Contractor.
- Assist in the coordination of I&C equipment works with civil, mechanical and electrical works to avoid conflicts and minimize delays whilst ensuring the efficient, cost-effective and safe completion of the projects.
QUALIFICATIONS AND PREFERRED SKILLS
- A degree in Electrical or Control Systems Engineering.
- Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal (fluency in English required).
- Additional education/training in control systems equipment, inc. field instrumentation, PLCs, DCS (various), CEMS, vocational courses, etc.
- Minimum of 15 years of progressively responsible erection works positions and experience in the power generation industry (or equivalent).
- Minimum of 10 years of erection works experience for works executed under subcontract processes; not direct supervision.
- Extensive experience with control systems equipment testing procedures, requirements, methodologies and sequencing.
- Extensive experience with field instrumentation testing procedures, requirements, methodologies and sequencing.
- Very knowledgeable of fluid processes, instrument measuring technologies, installation practices, etc.
- Knowledgeable of engineering scheduling and execution processes.
- Experienced at following project administrative processes.
- Skilled at communications and interface with suppliers and subcontractors, including multi-cultural Knowledge and sensitivity.
- Knowledgeable of shipping, warehousing and storage processes.
HOW TO APPLY
- Applications should include Updated Curriculum Vitae.
- Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Confidential review of materials and screening of candidates will begin immediately.
- Please send your application and supporting documents to the following email address: [email protected]
- You MUST put the position title in the Subject line.
- If you have not heard back from us after 3 weeks, it means that your application was not successful.